Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year's reading!

Okay -- how many of you got an e-reader for Christmas? That's right, raise your hands.
Yep, mine is up, too. And I'm loving the ease of one-click downloads, which in my case is a dangerous thing.
I love to read, and my e-reader makes it so easy to just buy another book when I finish the one I'm on. So I'm trying to practice some self-control and not buy every book in the world.
My most recent purchase was Jennifer Johnson's "Double Dog Dare," a light-hearted tale of an "oops" marriage with all the requisite family and friends to interfere. Trust me, you can't go wrong with it.
I'm also excited that my fellow Rolling Scroll writer Fonda Warnock is having her first children's book published in a few weeks under the pseudonym of F.R. Warnock. "Warrior's Drum" is a grand adventure story which features boys on a journey of discovery but which girls would love as well.
So what book is keeping you company on these wintry days? I'd love to know!

Cat Shaffer
Bittersweet, Turquoise Morning Press
Available now!

No comments:

Post a Comment